From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:04:11 -0700
On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM, Jim S. Craft <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> -Steven,
>
> I agreed to work without either the old man or I stating what the rate of
> pay would be.  I was thinking I would get $50.00 instead of 50 cents, and
> at 16 I didn't know anything about contracts!  I think the guy lived
> through the depression and thought 50 cents was a lot of money.
>
> Jim

One summer, I spent 3 days clearing out shoulder high berry bushes, a patch
about 20' wide and half a city block long for $7... so Jim, in the voice of
a great past leader of our Nation, let me say "I Feel Your Pain".

Reading Jim's story, I have to ask if any of you are familiar with the
modern cult classic movie, "Napoleon Dynamite"?

If you are, then the phrase during contract negotiations:

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

...will have meaning for you.

Also, the payment for services rendered in coins, egg salad sandwiches, and
orange juice with raw eggs stirred into it will make you think Jim got a
pretty DAMN good deal!

Larry

*Lawrence J. Medina Danville, CARIM Professional since 1972*