From:
Alex Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:00:50 -0400
Agreed David & Joshua!

As David stated, if we start calling ourselves "Information Managers," it
will not be long before we are absorbed by IT (which may,on balance, not be
the worst thing). Not sure about anyone else but I am still noticing a huge
amount of credibility to the title of "Records Manager." I guess it all
depends on the environment you find yourself in. I believe that a good
place to start is to evolve the entry level titles. At my firm, we no
longer will have "Records Clerks" but rather "Records Analysts."

I am not sure why there is such a high degree of insecurity in the Records
world right now. You must all realize that EVERY single operational
function (HR, IT, ACCOUNTING etc.) is being forced to transform itself. We
in Records are actually one of the better positioned staff side functions.
Think about it.

Happy Good Friday!

Alexander Campbell
*Records* Manager