From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2015 12:16:30 -0600
and let us not forget the kerfuffle taking place in NY state over the
deletion of emails by Governor Cuomo or who can forget the head of the EPA
at the end of the Clinton administration who defied a court order and
destroyed her records?
both political groups play fast and loose with rules about records. it
happens at the local levels too, can't tell how many times i've posted
stories about a new county sheriff or district attorney who upon taking
office finds that their predecessor has destroyed the records.

"Former EPA Administrator Carol Browner ordered the destruction of her
computer records on the last full day of the Clinton Administration. The
admission was made in a hearing today before Federal District Judge Royce
Lamberth in a lawsuit brought by the Landmark Legal Foundation. On
September 29, 2000, Landmark sued the EPA to force the disclosure of the
identities of special interest groups that may have worked with the Agency
in producing environmental regulations in the final days of the former
administration. "
http://bit.ly/1GTfA4C

http://bit.ly/1aLAwjA

https://www.tsl.texas.gov/arc/findingaids/bush.html

NYTIMES
Battling over Records of Bush's Governorship
AUSTIN, Tex. — The stacks of the Texas State Library and Archives groan
with boxes of carefully preserved papers dating back to James Pinckney
Henderson, the first governor, who served from 1846 to 1847. But anyone
trawling for insights into the most recent former governor, George W. Bush,
or say, his ties to Enron in the years he ran Texas, would have to travel
118 miles east to College Station. Even then, it might be months, maybe
even years, before many of the records are available.

http://nyti.ms/1AJya9V

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas