From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2015 00:47:19 -0400
> From: PeterK <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
> Subject: New vault built to last
> Date: May 10, 2015 at 9:01:41 PM EDT
>

> Alden and Evans who are both from Kempton, Pennsylvania work for Fire Lock
> Data Protection Systems, and started working for boss Hugh Smith after
> Smith’s brother passed away. “We were snowplowing for Hugh, and he saw from
> our truck that we did welding,” said Evans, adding, “he asked if we could
> build a vault, and we said yes.”
>
> Since then, Alden has built vaults in Nigeria, the Netherlands, Baghdad,
> Puerto Rico and Seattle in addition to several in the Massachusetts area
> specifically townships, including Tewksbury, Sterling, Weston, Westford,
> Avon, Fairbanks, Woburn, and Westborough.
>
> http://bit.ly/1HbBO5E <http://bit.ly/1HbBO5E>
> http://bit.ly/1HbBO5E+ <http://bit.ly/1HbBO5E+>
Thank you Peter for the post.  I did not know this was coming out in the local paper.

To clarify, the vault in the Woburn area was not for the City of Woburn ( as yet?).

Also, Gideon as lead installer spent over a year learning the intricacies with two of our lead installers. One being my brother Phil who died of cancer. And Bob Pinkerd who worked with me for 28 years before retiring.  Although he still comes out for some special consulting work now and again.  But at 72 he would rather fish and hunt.

The FIRELOCK installers have installed vaults in 49 states but we cannot seem to win the vault that would be a plum……. in Hawaii. Come on Brian. ;~)

Gideon and Rich are also cleared to work on nuclear sites and military bases and Gideon installed a vault in Iraq during the war.  They are truly remarkable craftsmen. They just finished a vault in Nortborough MA that was 26’ high and three levels of high density shelving. Gideon engineered a special lift/hoist that made working at this heights safer for the crew.

I often wonder if the craftsmanship we bring to vaulting will just fade away some day like telephone booths, Sunday dinner and the art of pleasant conversation.  I often think FIRELOCK and Records Management will be laid side by side in the cemetery. The Epitaph “Killed by the mistaken belief that everything can be stored in the Cloud.”

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM