From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2015 09:58:12 -0400
This was a great article.   The best I have read in a while.

He makes a brilliant point:

> Beware of cloud providers that offer nearly “free” storage—once they have most all your digital content, what’s to keep them from changing their business model and holding your information hostage in a few years? Has any organization experienced this phenomenon when they sent boxes upon boxes of paper files off to be stored in a warehouse for a cheap upfront fee? Isn’t it strange how the complicated storage and retrieval fees add up over time? Same thing can happen in the digital world. Only the consequences will be worse. Your organization will not be able to very easily or cheaply migrate all that information over to a competitive cloud provider once it is housed in a cloud repository.

The discussion of E-Discovery, risk of sanctions was on the money.  Those who will attend the “Go to the Big Cloud” speeches should read this article and write a few questions.

I watched a questioner destroy a showroom floor discussion but just repeating the question “How do you do that?” overtime the salesman answered the question.  It only took three “How do you do that?” questions until the presenter was a stammering fool. No one in Cloud can go deep with their answers.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM