From:
"King, Richard G - (kingr)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2015 15:05:51 +0000
Ah, but every time one goes to a business portal (say a bank or any retail site) one is using a Cloud system in back of that portal.  A recent monitoring at the University of Arizona brought back a tabulation of use of 800+ Cloud instances.  The report was not granular enough to tell us how many separate Cloud instances were for storage.  What we were seeing was that users of our system connected to 800+ different portals and their Cloud back ends during the monitoring period.  So even if one is not using Cloud for direct storage or to instance servers one is trusting the Cloud for many daily functions.