From:
"Hedden, Sherry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 2015 14:39:52 +0000
Hi everyone:
My role as Email Management Business Analyst  at the regional government office where I work is to assist employees with ensuring official email gets saved to an approved repository. We have policies and best practices as well as tips & tricks for managing email.

We also have training for employees for Information management as well as email management (albeit it isn't mandatory at this point).

Official email is saved with a classification code (and corresponding retention). Currently, it is a challenge for employees to tag their emails with the correct codes because there are so many.

We are currently in a pilot phase of using Microsoft Exchange Outlook Archive with the intent that employees continue to file their official email to an approved repository; transitory email is deleted; the remaining email ("longer term value") auto-deletes from the Archive on a rolling 3-year basis. Employees have to receive training and then sign off on the terms and conditions of use.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Sherry

Sherry Hedden |  Email Management Business Analyst, Clerk’s Office, Corporate Services
The Regional Municipality of York | 17250 Yonge Street | Newmarket, ON L3Y 6Z1
O: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 71332 | [log in to unmask] | www.york.ca
Our Values: Integrity, Commitment, Accountability, Respect, Excellence