From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2016 11:49:03 -0800
I am in the process of reviewing the legal citations that back up our RRS. We operate in all 50 states so needless to say, there's a boatload. We used a consultant to develop the schedule. They linked specific federal laws/regs to record categories. For state laws they created retention groups and placed supporting laws and regs in those groups, then linked record categories with the retention group. I'm fine with the approach but find the retention groups less than ideal. For example, they have a group for "state IP reg" and another for "state trademark reg"; one for "state insurance comm regs", one for "state insurance regs" and another for "state insurance filings". There are a total of 50 groups, but there are some groups I think should be there that are not.

My question is this: How many legal groupings does your RRS use? Is there some sort of guide (besides Skupsky) that lists common groupings?

Nolene Sherman