From:
Sue Myburgh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:17:12 +0930
Patrick
Call me old-school, but I absolutely agree with your concept of BoK.
This seems to me to imply, amongst other things, that us academics
should get going!  I am sorry I missed your presentation - it sounds
fascinating.  I would be delighted if you could send me a copy, if you
still have one(off-list of course).

I have to agree with your statement:
"In my opinion and experience, the value that we bring to our
organizations is the ability to cross organizational boundaries and
identify and protect the records of the organization. Furthermore,
we're able to communicate equally with technologists and attorneys.
We're able to understand broad business changes and how those changes
affect the records of the organization. We're able to bring order to
disorder"

in particular. Interesting that I was expressing a similar sentiment in
a posting that was being written at just about the same time (even
though it's Saturday morning here already).

All the best
Sue