From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:18:45 -0500
Debi,
The concept of a records freeze or hold order is included in our Records
Management Policy. The actual process or procedure is a separate document.
 Our policy identifies the key elements of our Records Management program.
One of those elements is Records Disposal which includes a policy statement
something like . . . Records Freeze or Holds Orders will be implemented to
meet temporary legal, audit or business requirements.
 The Procedure defines the actual scenarios and processes for implementing a
freeze or hold. Remember, a policy statement needs to be short and establish
the authorization for a program or function. The Procedures will be more
complex and may change more frequently as the business changes.
Hope this helps,
 Mary Haider

 On 10/5/05, Krogh-Michna, Debi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am trying to write a legal hold policy for our company. Does anyone have
> one I could refer to or have a reference on where I could get a copy of one?
>
> Debi Krogh-Michna
> Platte River Power Authority
> 2000 East Horsetooth Road
> Fort Collins, Colorado 80525
> 970/229-5274
>
> This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may
> contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, use,
> disclosure or distribution by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> contact the sender by reply and destroy all copies of the original message.

Mary W. Haider
Records & Information Manager