From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:39:20 -0600
Yvonne,
This first question that comes to mind is "what is the procedure for
accessing the electronic documents"?  Can it be simplified?

The other technique is to redirect the calls for the paper documents.  This
may require "walking the requester through the process" by phone.  Let's be
honest, it is much easier to pick up the phone or send an email to request a
paper document than to learn the process for accessing an electronic
document.  This "helping" will take take time for your staff, but over time
the training will be complete.  This "training" process by your staff will
also help you recognize some of the problems with access that can be
corrected.

Even if you have provided written instructions, hands-on learning is the
most effective.  I know because I'm going through this adjustment period
right now myself and I'm the end-user in this case.
Good luck,
Mary
--
Mary W. Haider