Sender:
From:
Owen Bevan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:44:26 +0100
Dear List Members,

I wonder if anyone is aware of either any legislation or legal rulings in
the US or elsewhere which impose requirements for companies to institute
records management awareness programs to ensure that employees are familiar
with the company records management policy.

I know that the proposed amendments to the US Federal Sentencing Guidelines
demand that companies “[P]romote an organizational culture that encourages
ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with law” and "Communicate
compliance standards to all people in the company, including the board,
senior management, all employees, and where appropriate, agents of the
company," but i wondered whether there were any more specific requirements
for records management compliance.

I'm sure i've seen dicussion on the list before of the need to make
"reasonable efforts" to promote RM, but can't locate anything in the
archives - I wonder if that was based on anything concrete.

Thanks all,

Owen Bevan
London, UK