Sender:
From:
Meg Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:16:51 -0400
My husband's work went to a 4 day week (10 hours per day) for the summer.
The core hours were 10-4 and he could choose when he started and finished.
For us we thought it was a good idea, my boss (I work at a different
company) allowed me to have the same hours as my husband.

We worked 7-5, Mon - Thurs.  At first we thought it was great, the commute
was 45 mins in the morning (instead of an hour), but the night commute
stayed the same.  We found the commute was the worst part, plus we only saw
the kids for a few hours each day before we went to bed.  By the end of the
10 week period we were glad to go back to Mon--Fri schedule.  Life is much
more relaxed now.

This is our personal experience and others may find that the 4 day week
works for them, but I for one will not do it again.  Next year if they do it
they will make it an option.

Meg Duncan, CRM
Milford, MA