Sender:
From:
Gus Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:24:41 -0500
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded to my post about
hurricane IVAN.  And just an additional note....

You know when you've been through such an event you tend to become a bit
philosophical...and I couldn't help thinking alot these past few weeks about
the tremendous goodness of people who have helped each other through this
disaster.  There's been neighbors helping neighbors they hardly knew before
the storm...strangers from all over the country serving us hot meals and
giving us bottled water and other stuff...asking us how we were
doing...letting us know they cared...giving hugs of reassurance...and just
the sort of kindness that is typical across this nation...from coast to
coast.

And we are about to approach a Presidential election....a nation very
politically divided.  But let us not forget, regardless of each other's
political views, that there truly is something much more important to us as
a people than even our political process...and that is our humanity.  As
long as we stand as a people UNITED...we will be ok.  That is the true
strength of our nation.  Let us respectfully disagree if necessary
politically...while at the same time remain united as Americans.  In the
end, our unity is what will help us whether all storms...those natural...and
those man-made....

Gus
Who believes in the potential goodness inherent in all of us...