Sender:
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:48:44 -0600
From:
Lisa Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Hello to all.

I recently learned that our county library has in its archives editions
of newspapers that were published in our town decades ago, as far back
as 1893.  The newspapers are on microfilm.  Hard copies of the
newspapers are gone; the publishers went out of business long ago.

I'd like to index these old newspapers and have them in a searchable
format available to the public, but I'm not sure how to go about doing
this.  I suppose I could print each image, then scan the print and use
OCR software to capture the text, then index the text.  It seems like
there is a better way, though.  Any ideas?

Thank you!

Lisa H. Cain, CMC
Town Clerk
Town of New Castle, Colorado