Sender:
From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:35:00 -0700
JR

Sample your collection, determine the relative volume that is duplex vs.
simplex. Determine whether you should scan simplex or duplex based the
relative and your systems ability to remove blank records (recommend this be
a manual step to remove blanks). Measure your time and determine your
process. Everyone is different. It might more feasible to scan everything
duplex and store it. Remember a blank scanned image is pretty darn small.
Indexing is your bottleneck not scanning.

IMHO scan everything duplex and store it that way. Hard drives and optical
platters are cheap compared to losing record integrity when it comes to
litigation. As far as volume of images per box for scanning purposes, for
get it. Snap a tape measure and factor in estimated volume of folders per
linear foot and deduct it from the total measurement.

Have fun

Chris Flynn

One month FREE spam protection at
http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsig/?rc=7hjtaa