Sender:
From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:10:33 -0700
My thinking is that 30 years sounds excessive, but I think it depends on
what type of litigation you are dealing with. It is possible that
environmental, patent, matters around chemical or hazardous waste exposure,
real estate/construction (ever wonder why they decided to blow up the
Kingdom and what were the ensuing issues?) may need to live longer than your
normal run-of -the-mill he said, she said litigation files.

I guess I would hesitate to generalize. Dig into the subject matter, review
your state(s) statutes, and make a sound business decision. We keep our
closed litigation files for T + 6 if they are related to Washington State
entities.

Sharon Burnett
Seattle Washington USA