Sender:
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:45:36 -0400
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:20:46 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>Here are my observations from this year's Conference:
>
>Overall excellent session topics/speakers. >I like session rooms with
tables....  most just had chairs.

Tables are nice, but they take up room. eliminating tables means more can
fit into the session.

>I too missed the signs outside the session rooms - I like to make sure I'm
>where I want to be.

this appears to be the one complaint I heard the most. This was especially
evident with the poster sessions.

speaking of which would love to hear some feedback from folks who attended
the poster sessions. this was the second year for them and unfortunately
evaluation sheets were not used for them.

>Vendor Expo was great... I actually had to buy a bag to carry all of the
>"loot" home.  Some cool light-up pens.

I would say that this year's 'loot' was the best by far especially the USB
hub given away by Vignette. as well as OpenTexts 64mb thumbdrive

>I'm still receiving cards inviting me to be sure not to miss Booth XYZ.
>Gee, two weeks late... kind of makes me wonder about your service/product.

I get the same thing. to bad there isn't a way to to download these from
the ARMA website

>Actually got to do some of the touristy things for a change - Wed.
>afternoon we went back to the Queen Mary for a tour - got in free with our
>conference badges.  The Aquarium of the Pacific was worth the visit, as
>was the $10 harbor boat tour.

I know that the conference is really cramped these days. but I've always
wondered why ARMA (or the local host committee) doesn't do more to set up
tours etc for those attending the conference. Would be nice to get out and
see more.

>Good to say "hi" to some folks we only see once a year.

I think this is one of the best parts of the conference, being able to
renew acquaintances and to finally meet F2F with someone you've known for
years only via email or the telephone. In my case it was finally getting to
meet Larry Medina who I've known for at least 7 years or more, but this was
the first time we've ever meet.

Peterk