Sender:
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:32:33 -0400
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:27:51 -0500, Mallory, Alicia
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>I guess medical ID bracelets aren't good enough?  Most folks I know with
>diabetes or a serious drug allergy wear one.  My understanding is that
blood
>typing doesn't take too long, but I'm certainly not a medical professional.

The episode of CSI Miami last night touched on these particular chips. one
comment from an individual was that the id bracelets can be easily lost or
removed by someone.

>Larry has a point.  The dogs and cats that are "chipped" are linked to a
>database containing the owner's name and contact information.

I would suspect that there will be a variety of chips available by a lot of
folks. Free enterprise. I seriously doubt if anyone will be forced to
purchase a chip, and if you do purchase one I would hope that you
thoroughly investigate the company selling them. as our distinguished
Canadian chap John Gervais stated (paraphrasing him) there is a ton of
information on you out there already.

ask yourself this question. "would wearing this chip be of a benefit to
me?" if you answer no then don't worry about it.

as for me i have a daughter with a seriuos allergy and I think a chip such
as this would be very beneficial to her

peterk