Sender:
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:48:30 -0400
A little known fact but one often ignored by new subscribers -- you receive a welcome to the listserv message. this message contains all the information that you need to handle your subscription.

I often wonder about students who sign up for the list and then fail to retain the Welcome message. also each message sent out by the list contains the recmgmt-l-request address. this address is to be used if you are having problems with your subscription. With 2 listadmins and 1 List Goddess we can easily handle all trouble messages (some we cann't due to situations beyond our control)

the listserv is limited to 70 messages per day, not an inordinate amount of mail. many of us on the list have multiple email accounts and have no problem handling several hundred emails per day (as well as our telephone calls). I have a business account, an aol account, 3 yahoos and 1 google.  yeah, yeah multi-tasking

Learn what your email client can do, set up rules, folders etc. these are skills you will need when you get a job in the world outside of academia

As others have mentioned this is a great place to learn. If your professor suggested that you should subscribe to this list then there must be reason.

finally if you are student we enjoy having you here, but do let us know you are here, what school are you attending, what do you hope to get from the list etc.

no back to doing a cost benefit analysis, a presentation for Records compliance day and oh year getting ready for a chapter meeting

--
Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va