Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:03:21 -0700
At 02:48 PM 10/20/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>A little known fact but one often ignored by new subscribers -- you
>receive a welcome to the listserv message. this message contains all the
>information that you need to handle your subscription.

As a matter of policy, I set up a folder in my e-mail account for
"Subscription Notices", where I retain all messages with the addresses and
instructions for listservs, magazines, and other on-line services I've
elected to subscribe to.  It's a "RIM thing", I guess.

>the listserv is limited to 70 messages per day, not an inordinate amount
>of mail.

And if you elect to, as mentioned by many, you can set the subscription to
DIGEST, where you receive ONE message a day with all of the content, or
even set it to NO MAIL, and then simply go into the Archives and view the
messages at your leisure.

>Learn what your email client can do, set up rules, folders etc. these are
>skills you will need when you get a job in the world outside of academia

I wonder how many of these same folks are concerned with the volume of IMs
or Text messages they receive a day =)

>finally if you are student we enjoy having you here, but do let us know
>you are here, what school are you attending, what do you hope to get from
>the list etc.

What a good suggestion... maybe there is something YOU could provide to the
rest of us as well... I mean, SOME of us are OLD, but we STILL want to learn!!!

Larry =)