Sender:
From:
"Laiche, Elizabeth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:41:58 -0500
In my organization (a government contractor of 600+ people), records
management along with document control/information management (not to be
confused with data management), is under the Business Operations &
Services directorate.  Our IT group controls the platform, network,
cyber security, access control, and the processes of moving data in and
out of those systems. My group (Records/Document Services) controls the
input and output of those systems, the corporate use of data as
legitimate corporate information and records, and all related activities
(document reviews and approvals, use of documents in business and
litigation, handling and disposition of records, etc.).  We partner with
our IT group for acquisition and installation of systems that are used
to create or manipulate data into information and/or records, but we
have a very definite line of demarcation between us and what we each
control.