Sender:
From:
Amy Dymond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:00:57 -0500
Good Afternoon, Janet.

We also utilize the Kofax Ascent OCR for front-end capture.   The patch code separator sheets combined with OCR allowed us to increase the number of automatically populated index fields.   It is still necessary to follow-up with QC, but we were still able to increase our production rates.

  We found that many of our forms were already noisy with data, and since the barcode reads require an area of clean space around it for higher accuracy levels, they were going to take up a bit of space and therefore would not fit.  One of the key factors is if you have in-house control over your documents, or if you are challenged with an influx of various outside documents.

Hope this helps for the analysis.

 Amy Dymond
 Supervisor Business Systems
 AAFCU