Sender:
From:
Benay Berl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:07:41 -0700
This sounds familiar. I used a Fujitsu scanner in the late 1990's that
had an "endorser." It put a number on the back of each page after it was
scanned. Only use we had for it was to count what went through and see
if we fed two pages or missed one.

Now I affix a unique bar code on the first page of each document. I
create the bar codes in an inexpensive bar code label maker and print on
my printer. The bar code is read by the scanner and dropped into an
index field. This eliminates data entry error and uniquely identifies
each document. Lots more uses. Contact me off list.

Benay Berl
Records Coordinator
Olivenhain Municipal Water District
Encinitas, CA 92024