Sender:
From:
"Waltman, Dennis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:36:13 -0400
Instant messaging is a concern, but entities are learning to control or manage them.  Has anyone had to deal with business being completed in chat rooms and to what degree there is technology to record or manage such information?

As I understand it, there are commercial Instant Messaging programs that link to any of the free services, provide encryption and record the data in a unified format and location.   Is there a similar type of program, that anyone knows of, for dealing with chat room conversations?  Has anyone dealt with chat room data in their records and information management solutions?

Paul Dennis Waltman
Data Administrator
Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
999 Peachtree Street, NE