Sender:
From:
"Gervais, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:21:11 -0400
I thought I would share this with you.  I went through this FOIA exercise
all to frequently.  The link below is to an appeal made by an applicant and
a subsequent order by the adjudicator for electronic records.  Please keep
in mind this was 1998, so electronic records management was in its infancy
and there were no standards governing the management of electronic records
dating back to 1996.  I had made every effort, believe me when I say that,
to be compliant.

By the way, in this order the "Manager" mentioned, was me.  The frustrating
part of this order for me was that at the end of it all, nothing much more
was found.  The applicant even went to the media and was front page and
local news.  Although frustrating, I learned allot from this, which is
always important.  I hope you have the time to read this.

http://www.ipc.on.ca/scripts/index_.asp?action=31&P_ID=10187&N_ID=1&PT_ID=96
9&U_ID=0

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Policy and Standards Section
Information Policy and Governance Division
Intergovernmental and International Affairs Directorate
Policy and Planning Branch
Canada Revenue Agency
25 Nicolas Street, 16th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L5