Sender:
From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:51:10 -0400
We have seen a noticeable increase in the number of candidates for the CRM
exams.  When I took office as Regent for Exam Admin in 2002, the May exam
cycle had 175 candidates.  That's a 70% increase in 2.5 years!  Many more
employers, both private sector and government, are requiring or desiring the
CRM designation.  There is no doubt that the dramatic impact of corporate
records blunders and federal legislation has raised awareness of the need
for our professional skills.  Employers who are certification savvy
(requiring CPAs for example) are going to look for some validation of skill
and knowledge.  And that's where the CRM is coming into its own.

I appreciate the applause.  However, there are others that work just as
tirelessly.  Rayanne Waggoner has been assisting this exam cycle and has had
her trial by fire.  8-)  And, of course, all those who volunteer to proctor
deserve a great deal of thanks.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager