Sender:
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:04:11 -0600
From:
Jim Connelly <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Peter

Excellent pdf link on Friday.  I have been using this hybrid method of
taxonomy design for about 10 years now ... nice to see it so well
articulated.

I also spent an hour at Sue's conference - Information Management on
Thursday giving a lecture on design methodology and the need for hybrids.
Many head nodding people there, who have been trying to go completely
functional and hitting a wall.  I actually explained in my talk why the
functional model "craps out" on occasion ... business process versus
business use and the desire of the human brain to browse.

The document would have been a great url for my closing slides.  Oh well.

Just good to know that us hybrid folks are not voices crying in the
wilderness and a Thank You for the posting.

Regards
Jim

Jim Connelly
St. Albert, Alberta