Sender:
From:
"T. Swank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:47:28 -0800
Does anyone have ‘centralized shredding’ and how do
you get it to work?

This is for those things that need to be handled in a
secure manner without every office having a shredder –
such as copies of timesheets, copies of reports - not
the records that come to me already and we dispose of
after retention is met.

We've tossed around a few options – but I was
wondering if ya'll had other/better ideas - food for
thought -
*having collection locations within the departments,
contents to be picked up on a set schedule or as
needed and brought to RM for shredding (but how do you
know what is in the bin to be shredded?)
*having collection locations ‘tied’ to departmental
records coordinators that fill out inventory forms as
the shredding bin fills up
*after collecting the bins, inventory the contents in
house before shredding

Many thanks!
Tracy Swank

=====
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.
When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt.