Sender:
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 08:16:23 -0800
From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
The firm that I work for does this in Lotus Notes. We create all of the
line items in a Notes document. As you create the line items, you can
pull down client billing information or account charge information. You
can also grab unexpensed airline ticket information. Each line is
validated for completeness. There actually is not a "signature", per
se, but since you have been authenticated into Notes, the firm feels
that whoever is completing the expense report (and someone can create
expenses on behalf of someone else) is on the hook for accuracy.

The application also then will flag line items that are outside the
norms for review by Financial. Otherwise, the system generally
processes the report once the receipts are logged in (we still send
paper receipts in, but I expect this will change soon).

Once everything is squared away, Financial runs a weekly EFT job and
you get an email when the funds are transferred into your bank account.
If you want a paper check, the job runs every other week.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM