Sender:
From:
Mary Haider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:26:33 -0600
Believe it or not, I have an official discharge from the US Marine
Corps.  I was within two weeks of a summer in Quantico, Virginia when I
made a decision that changed my direction in life.  I'll always remember
the Major who described her apartment with an orange tree on the patio
(near El Toro Air Base).  I don't think she talked much about the
training but the ocean and palm trees were very appealing - Vietnam
seemed a remote possibility.

A couple years ago my husband and I saw a museum exhibit of Women in
the Military and there was a woman who joined about the same time I did.
 She is now retired; whereas I have the pleasure of crusading for the
Records Management world.
Mary Haider, Records Manager
W.W. Grainger, Inc

Thank you Peter; my beloved Corps and I appreciate the sentiments.

Jeffrey L. Snyder
Records and Information Management Analyst
The Library of Virginia
800 East Broad Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
(804) 692-3611