Sender:
From:
"A.Khramtsovsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:32:46 +0300
Dear colleagues,

I’d like to invite you to share your experience in using standards (or similar resources) for the promotion of RIM.

DoD 5015.2 standard (2002 edition) is my favorite. Item C2.2.7 (p.38) “Access Controls” and the accompanying Table C2.T5 (pp.39-41) “Authorized Individual Requirements” explicitly and in detail explain that the Records Manager is the true boss of the electronic records management system. The table differentiates the duties and rights of Application Administrator, Records Manager and Privileged User.

I know no document like that one; it’s very handy in discussions with IT fellows. MoReq and PRO standards are much less explicit and clear in that respect.

One more standard may be useful. It’s the respected by the IT community ISO 17799 “Code of practice for information security management”. This standard (as well as its prototype BS 7799) contains chapter 12  “Compliance” (p.60) where many RIM concerns are highlighted. And there is section 12.1.3 “Safeguarding of organizational records” (p.61) which every IT person definitely should read!

Natasha Khramtsovsky
Records Manager,
APR-Bank,
Goncharnaya ul. 15, stroenie 2,