Sender:
From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:28:59 -0800
Audrey,

"Our senior management is looking for a way to verify, or prove that
something was on our web site when we say it was. Has anyone had this need
and how have you met that need?"

I am not an advocate of "snapshots" when addressing this need. You will hear
a lot of IT folks promote the idea. I don't believe it accomplishes what you
are setting out to do which is document compliance, structure, content,
context and process. In order to do this you will need to document the
system itself, what is your platform, etc. You will need to identify owners.
Who has the authority to change the web site, web pages etc. How do they
make the changes and when? If you are capturing data via the web how is it
done and what is the process? How do you ensure record and data integrity?
What changes were made and when to ensure compliance? The list goes on.

Document your processes, when they were created, what they are, when they
are changed, when they are out of compliance and what was done to bring them
back in. Keep track of your records, who created them, who altered them what
version they are.

Chris Flynn