Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:55:47 -0800
From:
Michael Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
At 09:58 AM 11/19/2004, Peter Kurilecz wrote:
>No longer do you need hundreds of unemployed students to reconstruct
>shredded documents, just check out this link
>
>http://www.churchstreet-technology.com/

Spiffy, I'd heard vaguely about that.

Say, on the topic of shredding - does anyone have real world examples of
lawsuits resulting from failure to shred? Legal requirements to shred? I'm
looking for "real world, factual based" arguments to present to decision
makers to show them that spending on shredders or shredding services is
worth the expense. I've run into some from time to time that are of the
opinion that "anyone who goes through my trash deserves to get what they
can fish out" - that is, they just don't believe it will happen, or be
damaging if it does. Most arguments I can find on-line are from shredder
manufactures, which doesn't go over well.

Any statistics on how often "failure to shred" causes problems? Not that
it's foolproof, obviously, as the above link shows…

Thanks.

Michael Edwards
Blank & Associates P.S.  -  206.256.9699 x36
2001 Western Avenue, Suite 250  -  Seattle, Washington 98121