Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:12:39 -0800
At 10:27 AM 11/22/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Larry,
>
>Shredding might not be the answer for the destruction of confidential
>records stored on microfilm. There are alternatives.

Sorry if that's the impression I gave.  I in NO WAY support the concept of
shredding as adequate for the destruction of confidential records stored on
microfilm... the comments were in response to the policy posted from the
State of Washington, which in part said simply that:

  (2) "Destroy personal information" means shredding, erasing, or
otherwise modifying personal information in records to make the personal
information unreadable or undecipherable through any reasonable means.

And my point was what is considered "reasonable" by one entity may not be
by all.

Larry