Sender:
From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:09:38 -0800
And don't forget among the flurry and the family and all the food and hubub
of the holiday (at least in the US) to laugh! Cute joke...I've retained this
one permanently!

A Parrot Tail

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad
  attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth
  was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.  John tried and tried to
  change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words,
  playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the
  bird's vocabulary.

  Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled
  back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder.
  John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in
  the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and
  screamed.

  Then suddenly there was total quiet.  Not a peep was heard for over a
  minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door
  to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched
  arms and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language
  and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions
  and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and
  unforgivable behavior." John was stunned at the change in the bird's
  attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic
  change in his behavior, the bird continued,  "May I ask what the turkey
  did?"

  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Sharon Burnett
Seattle Washington USA