Sender:
From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:35:44 -0800
Cool, I am glad President Bush is visiting your Archives while he is
there.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/30/04 04:01AM >>>
I thought I would pass on this link as I am so very pleased to mention
that
the President of the United States will be visiting us today.  What I
thought was noteworthy is that he will be visiting our "National
Archives".
Isn't that awesome!  This is the link to the Prime Minister of
Canada's
website and more specifically, the news release.
http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news.asp?id=339

What also is interesting is the security.  It is only 7:00 a.m. here in
the
morning and the streets are filled with police.  The national airport
will
be closed for awhile, there will be helicopters flying around all day
downtown and streets will be closed.  The protestors will be out in
full
force.  The security costs for his "one day" visit to Ottawa will be
in
excess of 3 million dollars.  I went in for a coffee before I came to
the
office and there were at least 30 police officers there and tons more
outside.  It should be an interesting day.  Tomorrow should be even
more
interesting as we are expecting our first major snowstorm of the
season
overnight tonight and into tomorrow.  Anyway I digress, I thought it
of
interest to note that George W. Bush will be visiting our National
Archives.
Have a wonderful day.

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Policy and Standards Section
Information Policy and Governance Division
Intergovernmental and International Affairs Directorate
Policy and Planning Branch
Canada Revenue Agency
25 Nicolas Street, 16th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L5