Sender:
From:
"Hilliard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:05:22 -0600
Our organization does use unified messaging.  It works very well for
providing a single user interface for retrieval of faxes, voice mail,
etc.

One caveat, however, is that the original fax, voice mail message, etc.
stays on the fax server, etc. and the user does not realize this.  So
when the user deletes the copy in the email, there is still a copy which
is even more unmanaged than email and which the user may not even be
aware of.  This creates additional storage waste as well as potential
risks.

To me, it is imperative to create as few copies of any one
message/fax/letter as possible so that if it is a record, it is possible
to manage it.  Thus I think unified messaging could be a good tool in
that it creates one fewer places for messages to proliferate.

Now, we still have to get users to manage their email - but we have to
do that anyway!!

My thoughts only.....
Mary Hilliard