Sender:
From:
Simon DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:43:03 -0500
Sorry for the Late Responds I am rarely able to review the Listserv.

Tampa Bay Water is archiving there E-mails into our EDRMS (TRIM
Context).
The EDRMS stores the E-mails in two formats. One format is the standard
.msg format and the other format is a .vmbx, which is archive format for
E-mails. The .vmbx is format is like the .rtf format, except it keeps
the information separate (Subject, Body Text, Date, From, To.)

E-mails that are stored in our EDRMS can not be modified, which is a
requirement for E-mails to be record copies and be admissible in court.

The EDRMS allows our users to easily catalog there E-mails into the
EDRMS by dragging there E-mails into a Microsoft Outlook Folder that is
linked to EDRMS. During the cataloging of the E-mails the EDRMS
automatically assigns security and retention requirement to E-mail. This
allows us to dispose E-mails in accordance with our Retention schedule
and limit access to the E-mails.

I would recommend you to contact the local TRIM Context VAR in the area
to have him give you a presentation on the product.
The company behind TRIM Context is Tower Software. The following is a
link to there website: http://www.towersoft.com/na/

Also if you have additional questions regarding Tampa Bay Water's E-Mail
Management implementation feel free to reply privately to me.

Tampa Bay Water scans all email for viruses,
worms, and inappropriate material and blocks email
deemed harmful or inappropriate. Email service is
provided to Tampa Bay Water users for business
purposes.