Sender:
From:
Rich Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:35:24 -0700
Greetings from Wonderful Wyoming,

On February 16, 2004, The Wyoming Chapter of ARMA will present an all
day workshop and vendor show.  Deborah Juhnke, Vice President of
Computer Forensics Inc. will be working with workshop participants on
the following topic:

Getting ready for 2010:
What the last 10 years of electronic discovery has taught us.

Secrets, scandals and skullduggery. American governments, businesses,
I.T. professionals, records managers, and attorneys are awakening to a
new way of looking for evidence to make their cases. Computer discovery
is here to stay. Failure to take it seriously will result in diminished
value of discovery, sanctions or claims of malpractice. This explosion
of interest has also brought with it new challenges, confusion on how to
apply sometimes antiquated rules, and an avalanche of electronic data
that threatens to overwhelm our systems and our pocketbooks. It has also
brought a new wave of service providers with widely variant levels of
skill and expertise. We will explore technical, social and legal issues
that will help forge the next decade of computer discovery. We will
discuss the implications for records management and discovery issues
pertaining to e-mail, IM (Instant Messaging), cell phones, jump drives,
backup tapes, optical disks, computer files, CDs, hard drives, and
Electronic Risk Management for the future.

Agenda:

Registration from 8:00-8:30;

Welcoming remarks and introduction of speaker:
8:30-8:45;

History of E-Discovery and Some Technical Basics 8:45-10:00;

 Vendor Show 10:00-10:30;

Email, Instant Messaging, and Beyond 10:30-12:00;

 Lunch and Bidding for Silent Auction/Vendor Show 12:00-1:15;

Case Study and Breakout Sessions 1:15-2:45;

 Vendor Show/Announcement of Silent Auction winners and door prizes
2:45-3:15;

Going Forward: E-Risk Management 3:15-4:30

CRM and CLE Credits are preapproved.

For more information and registration please contact me off list.

Vendor inquiries are welcome.

Regards,

Rich Wilson, MCP
Records Management Supervisor
Governmental Records
2301 Central Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0001
Phone: 307-777-5586  Fax: 307-777-7044

E-Mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public
business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records Act and may be
disclosed to third parties.