Sender:
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:46:20 -0500
From:
Stacey Foster <[log in to unmask]>
We use a software application - Versatile Enterprise.  It allows us to
enter active and inactive files into the database where we can then
perform search strategies.  The software allows you to integrate into it
all the records series numbers and titles you commonly work with and
also calculates the time when a record should either be permanently
archived or destroyed.  It also allows you to charge out and charge back
into circulation records that maybe needed for litigation purposes.
Their are also fields that you can have customized for special purposes
or that may not meet your needs once it is out of the box.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in their url
address is as follows:  http://www.zasio.com/

Stacey Foster
Task Order Manager
Contractor
ASRC Aerospace Corporation
(404) 562-8881

             "Aquino-Perez,
             Ana"
             <ana.aquino-pere                                        To
             [log in to unmask]         [log in to unmask]
             S>                                                      cc
             Sent by: Records
             Management                                         Subject
             Program                  Tracking records requests
             <RECMGMT-L@LISTS
             .UFL.EDU>

             12/08/2004 05:32
             PM

              Please respond
                 Records
                Management
                 Program
             <RECMGMT-L@LISTS
                .UFL.EDU>

Does anyone have a process and/or tool in place for your organization
(that
you would be willing to share) to track the status of records requests
under
FOIA?  I'm looking for something that would aid tracking down the status
of
records that have been frozen so we can proceed with the disposition of
records in a timely manner.

This could also apply for records that have been frozen because of
litigation. I'm also looking for a similar process and/or a tool that
will
inform the appropriate individuals when a case has been close and
records
can be disposed per their retention schedule. Any help you can provide
would
be appreciate it!   You can reply directly to my email address below.
Ana Aquino-Pérez
DOT Records Officer
4802 Sheboygan Ave Rm. 751
PO Box 7915
Madison, WI 53707
Tel.: 608-266-5290
Fax: 608-267-4892
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
"It's hard to lead a cavalry charge if you think you look funny on a
horse."
Adlai Stevenson