Sender:
From:
"Schildmeyer, Greg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:30:16 -0600
Not necessarily.  Depends a lot on the situation, especially the volume of
emails that fit the definition of "record".  If it's a small number each
day, then having employees recognize them, print them out, and file them
with other related items in a case file or a subject file may actually be a
great stride forward.

If an organization sends and receives a large amount of record emails each
day, then obviously it would need a more sophisticated, probably electronic,
solution.  But a low-tech approach is appropriate in many cases, and is
certainly better than no approach at all.

Greg Schildmeyer
Director, Records Management
State of Missouri