Sender:
From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:29:11 -0600
>>Printing emails is rather confusing to me as every litigation that I
have worked on in the last 4 years has requested that we produce the
electronic files. How would you possibly ensure the authenticity of an
email on paper?<<

If the emails are in electronic format, you have to produce them in
electronic format.  If they are available only as paper documents that
is what you produce.

>>If we printed every email here that is considered a record, we'd be
swimming in paper. Most of the time when I've produced for a discovery,
all we do produce is the email.<<

Welcome to government.  Instructions since the beginning of email have
been pretty consistent.  If the email is a record or contains record
material, print it and file with other materials of that records
classification.

Let me respond with another question.  How do you store your MS Word
documents?

Bill R