Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:19:06 -0500
From:
Laura Hensey <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: Archives & Archivists <[log in to unmask]> cc: Becky McGee-Lankford <[log in to unmask]>, Ed Southern <[log in to unmask]>
While this questionnaire is primarily aimed at records management and
archives staff working for state government archives/RM programs, we're
certainly interested in comments from other sectors.

1.  Does your state or commonwealth require counties or parishes to maintain
microfilm or paper copies of their land records?

2.  If you formerly required microfilm copies but don't now, when did you
end the requirement?

3.  If you do not require microfilm, what provisions do you require local
authorities to make for preservation and migration?

4.  What are your standards for:
     * storage (off-site, environmental conditions, security, etc.)
     * disaster planning
     * backups
     * migration

5.  Do you provide (for free or fee) centralized storage of microfilm or
other backups?

6.  May we contact you to discuss your answers further?

All links and comments are welcome.

Cheers,
Laura Hensey

--
   Records Management Analyst                       phone: (919) 807-7357