Sender:
From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:27:40 -0800
I have had to direct the production of email many times. Actually all of the
litigations I have worked on in the past several years have required some
degree of email production. It is the best thing next to sliced bread if you
are a litigator for the opposition and is generally the first thing
produced. In fact I am working on production now and just waiting for our
Exchange Operations group to complete a job.

We do not have a email management system either. We do rely on our people to
save their emails themselves. We are no model by any means, but lacking a
system we have taught our employees how to manage their email inboxes. We do
support PST files off the Exchange server. We do regular tape backups and
regularly test our restores and our procedures. We also teach our employees
email ettiquette and review our policies regularly with management and our
employees.

There have been several products that we have tested that will either index
or capture business email based on key words and phrases. The one I
personally liked the best is a product called Looking Glass. It is rather
cost prohibitive, but highly powerful. A product that I personally use is
called Lookout. It is an Outlook add-on available free throguh the Microsoft
website. It will search you indox and can also search PSTs. It does not copy
emails though - essential for document production.

I wish I could share more, but this is I think the extent that I can say
without the risk of violating my NDA.

Sharon Burnett
Seattle Washington USA