Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:41:45 -0800
At 12:56 PM 12/17/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>As usual, Hugh, you describe the issue very concisely.  I am curious -
>is there a site where we can download or view the proposed changes to
>the standard?  I plan to comment but would like to be precise in my
>references.

As stated before, the LAST THING I ever would want to do is speak for Hugh...

BUT, to answer your question, you can purchase a current copy of
NFPA232-2000 at www.nfpa.org

There aren't any copies of the proposed changes available to anyone outside
of the Committee membership, but the proposals you submit are to be based
on the CURRENT EDITION of the Standard, as that is what is subject to
change.  At the last Committee meeting in August in St. Louis, a number of
changes that were submitted were voted on and some were accepted, some
rejected... that said, the ENTIRE STANDARD is still open to comment... and
ALL PROPOSALS SUBMITTED FORMALLY BY JANUARY 14th TO THE NFPA will be given
consideration and voted on by the entire Committee.

That's the way it works... so EVEN IF a proposed change submitted to and
voted on in August is "on the books", it's subject to re-consideration
based on proposals submitted prior to the January 14th deadline.  The
reason for this is the Committee voted to "slip cycle" the Standard to next
year, which resulted in an extension of the comment period.

And if you want a proposal form, I will be happy to send ANYONE one.  You
can contact me at this email address or at my personal address of
[log in to unmask], and I will glady forward you the PDF of the
form.  When the form has been completed, you can FAX it to NFPA, c/o David
Hague, Staff Liaison at 617-770-3500.

Larry