Sender:
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:47:13 -0500
From:
Alan A Andolsen CMC CRM <[log in to unmask]>
John Annunziello wrote:

> I sat in on a presentation from a gentleman at ARMA conference in Long
> Beach,  that worked for Adobe.  He suggested that sometime shortly PDF/A
> would be available to the general public for usage.  He also suggested
> that Adobe would forfeit the rights to it and it may form part of a
> standard?  Does anyone know what's happening with this or know where I can
> find further info.  A google search didn't bring up much.  Any pro's or
> cons would be helpful as well.

PDF/A is being developed as a standard by ISO under ISO/DIS 19005-1. It is
also referred to as PDF 1.4. The standard is in progress with publication
expected in September 2006.

The reference information is available at:

http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/CatalogueDetailPage.CatalogueDetail?CSNUMBER=38920&scopelist=ALL

Al

--

Alan A Andolsen CMC CRM