Sender:
From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:41:55 -0800
CD condom?     Perhaps that will help protect from computer virus also?
 I know, I know; tacky joke and it is not Friday yet.  Or perhaps ...
hilarious material for comedian Steve Wright?

I will not use optical for work applications; I use electronic; RAID
arrays and servers...; also a Kodak document archive writer
(writes selected electronic files to 16MM film) for emergency backup of
documents with extreme long retentions and for those that meet Vital or
Historic criteria.

I used to use CDs to for some of my presentations, photos, etc.; mostly
for transportability for large files.  Anymore I use the little USB port
jumpdrives for that.   I still use CDs for music.  I have been recording
some of my 500-600 or so albums onto CD.   I like to listen to my
favorite tunes in my Jeep whilst chasing terrorists through the deserts
of Nevada.  (Taste just like chicken...; or "chook" as my friends from
down under would say.)

Merry Christmas and have a Happy (and safe) New Year's celebration to
everyone on the recmgmt listserv.  If you celebrate by some other name
or tradition...; happy holidays to you.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/22/04 10:44AM >>>
Hit the send too soon ...

Not sure if this is the product on the commercial, but here's a CD
Skin
http://www.d-skin.com/intro.html
http://www.buyitnowus.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=d_skin

Nolene Sherman
Records Manager - CJ Segerstrom & Sons

Is there something like a thin wax coating which will increase the
life
of the disc while at the same time not damage the workings of the
player.  Any help would be helpful.