Sender:
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:18:29 +0800
From:
Grahame Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Various countries of the EU have regions or provinces or such like within
their borders (eg France, Germany, Ireland and the UK), but they don't have
the same status as the States, Territories and Provinces of the USA,
Australia and Canada, as I understand it.

They tend to be local government areas or informally recognised regions with
some historical background but little to no political (or other official)
status, as far as I can tell.

I hope that provides some light on the subject, even if tangential.

Grahame Gould
Information Co-ordinator
Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley
Australia
Web: www.thelastfrontier.com.au

This email may contain confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender.
The views expressed in this email may or may not be the official position of
the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley.