Sender:
From:
"Persons, Henry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:15:14 -0500
Federal Government Records Officers,

Good afternoon.  I am hoping that someone on the list, particularly if in
the Federal government, can assist me.

I am in need of a Position Description for a Files Room Supervisor.  This
person will a part of the Records Management staff and will manage
approximately 1.5 million sensitive files contained in the records center
that belongs to a Department of Defense law enforcement agency.  The files
are in various types of media.  Due to the nature and structure of the
records, they are filed using several different schemas, so there are
various complexities.  Many files contain classified defense information,
some at the highest levels.  The supervisor will manage a SCIF used for
storage only and will the TOP SECRET control officer.  There is also some
treaty organization classified records that requires knowledge of their
procedures.  In addition to those normal duties of filing, managing and
charging out records to customers, the supervisor will have to understand
records center operations; security classification markings, storage,
transmission and destruction rules; is required to deal with Federal Records
Centers concerning the retirement to and retrieval of records from their
facility, etc.  He/she will have a small staff to assist.

The grade assigned my current supervisor is GS-301-07.  This grade is
insufficient to retain any good person for any reasonable period.  If you
have an approved PD for a higher grade and are willing to share, please
contact me off line at (202) 433-9505.  Thank you.

Henry Persons